Who Can Join C-SNPs?
To enroll in a C-SNP, you must be enrolled in both Part A and Part B Medicare benefits. To qualify, you must be age 65 or older or be diagnosed with a qualifying disability. For individuals who wish to enroll due to a disability, you typically must have collected Social Security disability benefits for at least 24 months. In addition to being enrolled, you must also be diagnosed with one or more severe or disabling chronic conditions.
What Conditions Must I Have?
C-SNPs are only available to people who have been diagnosed with one or more of the following chronic conditions.
- Chronic alcohol and other dependence
- Autoimmune disorders
- End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) requiring dialysis (any mode of dialysis)
- Severe hematologic disorders
- Chronic lung disorders
- Cancer (excluding pre-cancer conditions)
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Chronic heart failure
- Chronic and disabling mental health conditions
- Neurologic disorders
- Diabetes mellitus
- End-stage liver disease
C-SNPs For Multiple Conditions
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has identified five combinations of chronic conditions that are frequently diagnosed together. If you have been diagnosed with any of the following groups of conditions, you may be able to enroll in a C-SNP that is structured to serve people who have multiple chronic conditions.
- Diabetes mellitus and chronic heart failure
- Chronic heart failure and cardiovascular disorders
- Diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disorders
- Diabetes mellitus, chronic heart failure, and cardiovascular disorders
- Stroke and cardiovascular disorders
Multi-condition C-SNPs may provide you with additional benefits that help you more effectively manage your conditions. If you have multiple conditions, contact an insurance agent to see if there is a multi-condition C-SNP available in your area.
Some C-SNPs offer additional benefits when compared to Original Medicare or other Medicare Advantage plans. For example, some C-SNPs may include vision, dental, and hearing coverage. They can also offer you supplemental benefits, such as coverage for gym memberships, transportation benefits, and paid meal delivery services. In some cases, your C-SNP may also be available premium-free. To learn what benefits are available in your area, speak with El-Mag Insurance.